Re: A finished icon proposal for the WPD main topics

From: Sébastien Desbenoit <seb@desbenoit.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:02:12 +0100
Cc: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Hi all,

Here are some tries. IMHO, we need to be as figurative as possible in order to the user to understand the title just with those icons, that's why I think the logo of CSS, the {{{}} solutions and the html5 - css icons are tricky to work with. The same issue applies to html that's why I made an < > icon with the shield one, I'm not sure users link shield and html, I don't.

I edit the DOM too, but DOM is more abstract, so we have me free space.

DOM -> icons-DOM-2
CSS v2 -> icon-CSS-2
HTML v2 -> icon-html2
HTML v3 -> icon-html3