Re: A finished icon proposal for the WPD main topics

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:30:16 -0500
To: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
CC: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Seb Desbenoit <seb@desbenoit.net>
Hi, Seb, Chris-

On 12/13/12 2:37 PM, Chris Mills wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2012, at 18:40, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>> 1) The CSS WG (as a whole) doesn't like the strong association of
>> CSS with the HTML5 logo, so I suggest doing something other than
>> the badge shape (I don't know what... the W3C CSS "building blocks"
>> logo is indistinct); this definitely needs changing, though.
> Ok, Doug has a reasonable point here.
> Seb, by this, Doug means
> https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/52124215/css_normal.png
> Can you make a quick mock up of this in WPD style?

Sorry, to be clear, I don't think the CSS WG logo is really suitable
here (it would look bad as a single color, for one thing).

I looked a bit on Google images, and found no suitable icon for CSS.
Seb, I suggest you just add something that implies "style" to you.

Here's my terrible idea... an italic "CSS" made of brackets:

{ { {
    } }

> I suggest we do
> this and get moving quickly, unless anyone has any other ideas,
> otherwise this could drag on forever. Then we can think up a better
> icon later on, perhaps waiting until the W3C have thought about it?)

So, we are thinking about it internally, but don't hold your breath.