W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > December 2012

Meeting Notes: Community Telcon, 2012-12-11

From: Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:49:10 -0800
To: Julee Burdekin <julee@adobe.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CCECBFE2.3CCF3%jburdeki@adobe.com>
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Meetings

AGENDA

* Review open action items
* Julee to report on Content Task Force Meeting
* Should we meet every other week?
* Get the word out about the DocSprint

CLOSED ACTION ITEMS

* ACTION, Peter L: Create doc sprint in a Box package for docsprints NOTE: progress made, see http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Doc_Sprints and http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Community_Events. Needs to be collated, re-orged, finished. Will finish up for tomorrow's DocSprint.
* ACTION, all: look at the doc sprint pages, give peter feedback. The group gave some feedback.
* ACTION: Paul I: Do further investigation into feasibility of markdown tool (carried over) This has been carried over several times. Paul agreed to drop it off the list and follow up on his own.
* ACTION, Chris M: find better things to link the front page bullets to. Video is a possibility, in the near future, perhaps. Status: Chris is progressing on this. Progress made - discussion has being going on on mail I have just created an About page http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:About
* ACTION, Chris M: write up formalization of mentors, padawans, badges, etc. Create a formal proposal. Sent it out on email list. Folks are commenting.

CARRYING OVER ACTION ITEMS

* Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Write up proposal for usage of data from caniuse, quirks mode, etc. on Wiki, and send link to list (carried over)
* Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Approach Event Apart folks about doing WPD doc sprints to tie into their events.
* Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Make more progress towards hosting Webplatform skin on GitHub
* Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Post a proposal to the list about best solution for duplicate title problem
* Carrying over ACTION, Garbee: Continue working on solution for issue/bug tracking, as we really need a better way to do this. Garbee's made progress. But Garbee's not here, so carrying this one over.
* Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Send summary to mailing list of everything he can find to do with statistics
* Carrying over ACTION, Alex K: Implement attributes/actions stuff (carried over)
* Carrying over ACTION, Doug: follow up with Ryan about the session handling/login issues - most urgent bug right now. Status: Supposedly not supposed to modifying some files. But @Doug doesn't know what the originals were supposed to be. Ryan hasn't been available. Missed a meeting. If anyone knows about MediaWiki skinning, please help. Otherwise @shepazu will work on it on his own. Fixing these files should make it easier to upgrade in the future
* Carrying over ACTION, NotTomato: Follow up with Doug on creating the new user group, and getting the templates user groups sorted. Status: NotTomato is not in this call. Did she follow up with @shepazu? Yes, but no futher progress can be made until upgrade is finished.
* Carrying over ACTION, Desbenoit: sort out Windows font bug, see https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19369. Status: Judging from bug, looks like progress has been made, but also carrying over.
NOTE: need to figure out what to do about Actions that keep carrying over.

AGENDA ITEM: Should we hold this meeting every 2 weeks?

Content TF is going into detail on specific tasks and how to organize things. Suggestion was generally agreed upon. A proposal was brought up that we alternate this time period with this call and the content call. Need secretary/program manager for technical issues tracking. A meeting regarding technical issues of the site is needed. Meeting should be about tracking issues. Email/IRC list is for discussion.

Decisions:

* Start bi-weekly meetings in January.
* Cancel this meeting if no new agenda items arises.

AGENDA ITEM: Content taskforce summary

Summary can be found on the Content Meetings page: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Content_Meetings. We discussed a lot of issues around information architecture, templates, and how it would be good for editors to comment on them as they come through the pipeline. We discussed the upcoming DocSprint. We discussed the idea of styling pages based on standardization status.

AGENDA ITEM: DocSprint tomorrow!

43 people are signed up. @scottrowe_ will show up early to set things up, so if you want to come early to help, feel free

Registration: https://developers.google.com/events/10292028/
Event on G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/co47f4hn6fost8i4jnfctsqd0nc

NEW ACTION ITEMS

* jkomoros: Will ensure discussion regarding secretary/program manager is moving forward.
* Julee to follow up with CJ to see if he remembers how to change Media Wiki skins.
* Shepazu to follow up with Media Wiki community to see if someone can help with skins.
* scottrowe_ to send out another reminder about the DocSprint to the list.
* [Jswisher Added IRC for this meeting to http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Meetings]

End

J
----------------------------
julee@adobe.com
@adobejulee


From: julee <julee@adobe.com<mailto:julee@adobe.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:31 AM
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>" <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Raw IRC notes: Community Telcon, 2012-12-11
Resent-From: <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Resent-Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:31 AM

chrismills<member:chrismills> joined the chat room.
[09:02am]julee<member:julee>:Meeting started
[09:03am]jswisher<member:jswisher>:presents!
[09:03am]jrunrandy<member:jrunrandy>:Presents
[09:03am]julee<member:julee>:Present
[09:03am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:Present!
[09:03am]cgoodman<member:cgoodman>:present!
[09:03am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:Present! But I can't seem to dial in
[09:03am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:I'll keep trying...
[09:04am]julee<member:julee>:? couldn't find details of this IRC channel on the meeting invite/page.
[09:04am]•jswisher<member:jswisher> added a mention of freenode to the wiki page
[09:04am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: we should add it
[09:04am] Suresh<member:Suresh> joined the chat room.
[09:04am]julee<member:julee>:@jswisher<member:jswisher> did.
[09:04am]•shepazu<member:shepazu> url?
[09:05am] scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_> joined the chat room.
[09:05am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: agenda: check last action items
[09:05am]jswisher<member:jswisher>:shepazu<member:shepazu>: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Meetings
[09:05am]julee<member:julee>:agenda: every 2 weeks?
[09:05am]julee<member:julee>:agenda: julee<member:julee> to talk content tf meeting
[09:05am]julee<member:julee>:agenda: get word out about DocSprint
[09:05am]julee<member:julee>:TOPIC: open action item
[09:05am]scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_>:Present
[09:06am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:ACTION, Doug S: Write up proposal for usage of data from caniuse, quirks mode, etc. on Wiki, and send link to list (carried over)
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Write up proposal for usage of data from caniuse,
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:quirks mode, etc. on Wiki, and send link to list (carried over)
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Approach Event Apart folks about doing WPD doc sprints
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:to tie into their events.
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Make more progress towards hosting Webplatform skin on
[09:06am]julee<member:julee>:GitHub
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Post a proposal to the list about best solution for
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:duplicate title problem
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Peter L: Create doc sprint in a Box package for docsprints
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:NOTE: progress made, see http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Doc_Sprints
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:and http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Community_Events.
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:Needs to be collated, re-orged, finished.
[09:07am]•shepazu<member:shepazu> here now, but no progress, trying to solve mw upgrade problem
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:Peter's made progress. Will finish up for tomorrow's DocSprint.
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Garbee<member:Garbee>: Continue working on solution for issue/bug tracking, as
[09:07am]julee<member:julee>:we really need a better way to do this.
[09:08am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: I think Garbee<member:Garbee>'s made progress. But Garbee<member:Garbee>'s not here, so carrying this one over.
[09:08am]julee<member:julee>:Carrying over ACTION, Doug S: Send summary to mailing list of everything he can find
[09:08am]julee<member:julee>:to do with statistics
[09:08am]julee<member:julee>:Carrying over ACTION, Alex K: Implement attributes/actions stuff (carried over)
[09:09am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION: Paul I: Do further investigation into feasibility of markdown
[09:09am]julee<member:julee>:tool (carried over)
[09:09am]julee<member:julee>:This has been carried over several times. Paul cares about this, so if he follows up great. But let's drop it off this list.
[09:09am]julee<member:julee>:scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_> +1
[09:09am]paul_irish<member:paul_irish>:sounds good
[09:10am]julee<member:julee>:jswisher<member:jswisher> has heard of others, but agrees about dropping it from this list
[09:11am]julee<member:julee>:scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_> some pages.
[09:11am]•julee<member:julee> gave some feedback
[09:11am]julee<member:julee>:Oops, that was for ACTION, all: look at the doc sprint pages, give peter feedback
[09:11am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Doug: follow up with Ryna about the session handling/login issues
[09:11am]julee<member:julee>:- most urgent bug right now
[09:12am]julee<member:julee>:Supposedly not supposed to modifying some files. But @Doug doesn't know what the originals were supposed to be. Ryan hasn't been available. Mised a meeting.
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:If anyone knows about MediaWiki skinning, please help. Otherwise @shepazu<member:shepazu> will work on it on his own. Fixing these files should make it easier to upgrade in the future
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:This ACTION will be carried over.
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, NotTomato: Follow up with Doug on creating the new user group,
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:and getting the templates user groups sorted
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:NotTomato is not in this call. Did she follow up with @shepazu<member:shepazu>?
[09:13am]julee<member:julee>:shepazu<member:shepazu>: no
[09:14am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: need to figure out what to do about Actions that keep carrying over.
[09:14am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Desbenoit: sort out Windows font bug, see
[09:14am]julee<member:julee>:https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19369
[09:14am]julee<member:julee>:Judging from bug, looks like progress has been made, but also carrying over.
[09:15am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Chris M: find better things to link the front page bullets to.
[09:15am]julee<member:julee>:Video is a possibility, in the near future, perhaps
[09:15am]julee<member:julee>:Chris is progressing on this.
[09:15am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION, Chris M: write up formalization of mentors, padawans, badges,
[09:15am]julee<member:julee>:etc. Create a formal proposal.
[09:15am] Adam___<member:Adam___> joined the chat room.
[09:15am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:progress made - discussion has being going on on mail
[09:15am]jswisher<member:jswisher>:"desbenoit" is pronounced  day-ben-WAH
[09:15am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:I have just created an About page
[09:16am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:About
[09:16am]julee<member:julee>:AGENDA: Should we hold this meeting every 2 weeks? Content TF is going into detail about how to organize things.
[09:16am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:whihc just leaves on more slot to fill
[09:16am]scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_>:two-weekly meeting: Aye
[09:16am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:I also wrote down formalization of mentors and badges
[09:16am]julee<member:julee>:shepazu<member:shepazu>: aybe alternate with this call and the conference call.
[09:17am]julee<member:julee>:jswisher<member:jswisher>: Starting bi-weekly starting in January.
[09:17am]chrismills<member:chrismills>:I think we should hold it every 2 weeks for definite, but then have an extra meeting if we feel it needs it
[09:17am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:topic: Performance issues
[09:18am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:whoops, strike that
[09:18am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:julee<member:julee>: There are still issues with performance, task management, etc.
[09:19am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: if we do a tech mtg, we need a secretary/program manager for it.
[09:19am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: need to get someone so we're shamed into getting tasks done.
[09:19am]julee<member:julee>:Eliot: Maybe it should be a meeting about process, with real work being done on irc and email, reporting back to meeting.
[09:20am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: Really looking for a secretary or program manager: tracking tasks and following up with people.
[09:20am]julee<member:julee>:scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_>: Keeping eyes on goal.
[09:21am]julee<member:julee>:jkomoros<member:jkomoros>: Don't know what the next steps are, but will take an action item on making sure that discussion is moving forward.
[09:21am]shepazu<member:shepazu>:s/shepazu<member:shepazu>: no/shepazu<member:shepazu>: yes/
[09:21am]shepazu<member:shepazu>:q+
[09:21am]julee<member:julee>:… Ideally every two weeks, but still need to follow up on tech meetings, and maybe meeting should follow W3C format
[09:22am]julee<member:julee>:… maybe keep meeting unless there's not agenda items.
[09:23am]julee<member:julee>:shepazu<member:shepazu> needs to correct user group question with NotTomato. She did follow up. @shepazu<member:shepazu> doesn't want to do anything until upgrade is done.
[09:24am]julee<member:julee>:CJ didn't have Media Wiki experience,  but might remember how it did it.
[09:24am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION: /me to ask CJ if he remembers
[09:25am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:topic: Content taskforce summary
[09:25am]julee<member:julee>:http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Content_Meetings
[09:25am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:julee<member:julee>: We went through a lot of different action items. All listed on ^ this page
[09:26am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:… talked a lot about information architecture/templates, and how it would be good for editors to comment on them as they come through the pipeline
[09:26am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:… talked about the docsprint
[09:27am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:… talked about the idea of styling pages based on standardization status
[09:27am] Suresh<member:Suresh> left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[09:27am]julee<member:julee>:Last topic: scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_>: DocSprint tomorrow!
[09:28am]julee<member:julee>:ACTION:  scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_> to send out another reminder to the list.
[09:28am]julee<member:julee>:scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_>: 43 people are signed up. @scottrowe_<member:scottrowe_> will show up early to set things up, so if you want to come early to help, feel free
[09:29am]jkomoros<member:jkomoros>:julee<member:julee>, can you send the notes to the list?
[09:29am]julee<member:julee>:Yes.
[09:29am]julee<member:julee>:Meeting Ended
Received on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 18:49:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 8 May 2013 19:57:36 UTC