RE: A first draft of the future Web Payments Interest group is available for comments

Hello all,

There seems to be a problem for me to login to the wiki, so allow me a few statements in this mailing list:

Scope:
'payment transaction s on the web' doesn't suffice as a scope anymore, IMO. We are using web technologies for proximity payments which do not 'go over the web', but still are based on web technology to harmonize transactions across the physical and the virtual world.

Proposed change: 'The Web Payments Interest Group's scope covers payment transactions using Web technologies on a variety of devices...'

The use of 'the Web platform' continues on through the text. Is it wrong to assume that most people will associate 'Web platform' with a network abstraction? Again 'Web technologies' would allow the scope be widened to what already gets used (in places).

Deliverables:
1) 'Reduce the burden on merchants to support multiple payment providers' doesn't make clear whether the multiple service providers constitute the burden, or whether it should be made easier for merchants to support multiple payment services and providers for greater choice, both on the merchant's and the user's side.
Also I would propose to add a bullet on transparency and user control, which might also resolve some of the controversies about fees, etc.

Proposed change: 'o Provide mare transparency to the user to understand the roles of involved parties, assess the effects of possible fees, and understand the data flow and its implications (e.g. for privacy, governance, etc.)'

4) Please add 'Secure Elements, SIM or UICC to the list in:
   'Including hardware tokens, smartcards, biometrics, mobile, 2nd factor authentication, etc.'

Dependencies/ Liaisons:
GSMA - an industry association of mobile network operators with almost global coverage. GSMA works on recommendations for NFC-based payments, but also on other handset- and SIM-based aspects for secure transactions which will likely have an effect on capabilities of wireless devices for payments.

Best regards,

	Jörg

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
T-Labs (Research & Innovation)
Dipl.-Inform. Jörg Heuer
Research&Innovation Director Payment&Transactions, Innovation Policy
Winterfeldtstr. 21, 10781 Berlin
+49 (30) 8353-58422 (Tel)
+49 (170) 576 26 12 (Mob)
+49 (3915) 80243910 (Fax)
E-Mail: joerg.heuer@telekom.de
www.telekom.com

LIFE IS FOR SHARING.

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Chairman)
Board of Management: Timotheus Höttges (Chairman),
Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme, Thomas Dannenfeldt,
Dr. Thomas Kremer, Claudia Nemat, Prof. Dr. Marion Schick
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Registered office: Bonn

BIG CHANGES START SMALL - CONSERVE RESOURCES BY NOT PRINTING EVERY E-MAIL.