Re: [payment agent] Payment architecture feature priorities

On 2015-04-24 16:48, Dave Longley wrote:
> On 04/24/2015 10:12 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> On 2015-04-24 15:47, Tony Camero wrote:
>>> Why would the the building blocks/protocols for web payments not
>>> directly migrate
>>> into native apps?  Any native app could certainly meet the
>> requirements set for
>>> a web payments. It seems inclusive to me.
>>
>> It is the opposite that doesn't work smoothly, making
>> Web(browser)-payments a difficult target for innovation.
>
> I think, at least to start, the browser would function primarily as a
> decision assistant and a conduit for ferrying messages between the
> various participants in the payment process. That should, in no way, get
> in the way of innovation by payment applications, providers, etc.
> Rather, it will assist them by letting them function with a standardized
> set of expectations. Also, note that a "user agent" or "payment agent"
> isn't limited to a "browser", rather a browser is one example of a piece
> of software that implements (or would implement) it.

The innovative payment systems I have seen were either 100% App-based or building
on an OOB-thing (like SMS callback) between the browser and a mobile device.

I don't see that anybody will be able to go beyond this level without mucking
around in the browser which is a big NO NO.  Unless you're Google or Apple.

We can come back to this issue some 24 months from now.

Anders