Re: Use case: Selling digital products in app under mobile scenario

On 05/11/2014 10:13 PM, Huang, Deqing wrote:
> Now many mobile apps are tend to sell digital products by IAP in
> their apps, for example premium content, virtual goods, and
> subscriptions. It would be good to have this use case included in the
> group's Web Payment Use Cases.

Hi Deqing, I added it to the list of use cases[1]:

Use Case: In-app purchases in mobile scenarios for purchasing premium
content, virtual goods, or subscriptions.

One could argue that many of the other use cases that we have on our
list of use cases already cover this scenario since the solutions we
come up with should work both for mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop
scenarios. That said, we never clearly stated this before and it's
always better to have two use cases that overlap than to try and infer
what a particular use case does and does not support.

Thanks for the use case, Deqing! :)

-- manu

[1]
https://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/index.php?title=CategorizedWebPaymentsUseCases&diff=827&oldid=826