Re: Representing a balance in web payments

On 4 May 2014 02:21, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 04/30/2014 07:45 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > Seems to be quite a common use case.
> >
> > I'd like to say "Alice has a balance of 20 Euros"
> >
> > I cant seem to find anything in the vocab to do this ... do we need
> > to make a new class?
>
> We talked about this over IRC, but just closing the loop via the mailing
> list. We've been using "amount" to represent balances in accounts:
>
> https://web-payments.org/specs/source/vocabs/commerce.html#amount
>
> You'd markup the financial account like so:
>
> {
>   "@context": "https://w3id.org/payswarm/v1",
>   "id": "http://payswarm.example.com/people/alice/accounts/3"
>   "type": "Account",
>   "label": "Alice's Financial Account",
>   "amount": "20.00",
>   "currency": "EUR"
> }
>
> The complete example would be this:
>
> {
>   "@context": "https://w3id.org/payswarm/v1",
>   "id": "http://payswarm.example.com/people/alice"
>   "name": "Alice",
>   "account": {
>     "id": "http://payswarm.example.com/people/alice/accounts/3"
>     "type": "Account",
>     "label": "Alice's Financial Account",
>     "amount": "20.00",
>     "currency": "EUR"
>   }
> }

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing.  Tomorrow I'll do the signing.

There was a slight edge case that I was considering.  And that is for an
account to hold more than one currency.  I guess that's going to be kind of
impossible in this case, unless we make something like

<> comm:amount "20.00"^^<currency>

Seems pretty difficult tho ...