Re: Representing a balance in web payments

On 04/30/2014 07:45 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Seems to be quite a common use case.
>
> I'd like to say "Alice has a balance of 20 Euros"
>
> I cant seem to find anything in the vocab to do this ... do we need
> to make a new class?

We talked about this over IRC, but just closing the loop via the mailing
list. We've been using "amount" to represent balances in accounts:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/vocabs/commerce.html#amount

You'd markup the financial account like so:

{
  "@context": "https://w3id.org/payswarm/v1",
  "id": "http://payswarm.example.com/people/alice/accounts/3"
  "type": "Account",