RE: Have you all seen this?

So the Bank of Canada is a shareholder in The Mint. The Mint casts coins for the Bank of Canada... but they also cast coins for other countries as well, about 10-15 countries a year. http://www.paymentssource.com/news/dispelling-the-myths-of-canadas-mintchip-3017114-1.html

I think the decision to stop making pennies had to be a collaborative effort really...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nicol [mailto:davidnicol@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 10:22 AM
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
Cc: Web Payments CG
Subject: Re: Have you all seen this?

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:
> RE: "The Royal Canadian Mint (the Canadian equivalent of the US's
> Federal Reserve)"
>
> Correction, No it's not at all.  The Mint is not the Bank of Canada.
> http://www.mint.ca/store/mint/about-the-mint/corporate-information-130

> 0004#.UxSaAtHNV0w

Well that is enlightening. They may be guilty of the same kind of fraud that Bernard von Nothaus got arrested for then, because I sure have had the impression that they were official, and were related to the decision to stop making pennies.

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution"