Re: Have you all seen this?

David,  There's no mystery to the difference between an official
central bank and a separate official government agency that looks
after various printing and coinage operations. I reckon your issue is
with the fiat money concept generally. Not sure why it matters whether
the M0...M4 monetary operations and the M0 specializes instantiation
operations are  in the same or in different organizations of the same
government.  Nothing wrong with that.

I think this thread is off-topic for this list, however.

Joseph