Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 6/9/14 9:25 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> TL;DR: There is now an open source demo of credential-based login
> for the Web

Interesting. I've attempted to follow the written explanation and work
through the demo. Being a largely non-technical user, it's a stretch,
but my reaction may still be of some use I hope.

A. I found it very complicated trying to follow the text explanation.
I think you would have done better to separate the 'why this is a
superior method' from the steps of the tutorial itself. I think
they're logically separate and I kept getting frustrated trying to
follow what the actual steps were -- too much blah blah blah in
between them. :-)  The blah blah blah has its place, don't get me
wrong; I'm just not sure it should be intertwined with the attempt to
get registered.

B. At about step #3 -- Registration on the Login Network -- the
"Register" button was completely dead (iPad, iOS). Couldn't continue
there, so...

C. I switched to Desktop MacOS, Firefox, went through that fine,
Registered, etc., until what I make as step #7, the Login button on
Credential.club: button rollover shows it knows I want to click it (it
changes color), but nothing happens. So, switched to Safari...

D. Safari, it worked, referred me back to Login-hub correctly. But
then I couldn't log in at Login-hub this time -- and not in either
Safari or Firefox. I wrote down my password and believe it's the same
as when I registered at Login-hub earlier (in Firefox).

I'd been making a flow-diagram of where I was going, hoping to be able
to get an overview of the physical sites and software steps, but now
I'm stumped near the end.

?

Overall, it seems ingenious (to the degree that I understand it, which
I believe I do, vaguely -- which is more than I did this morning but
less than I'd like).

Steven Rowat