Re: Web Payments CG Charter Proposal

On 01/16/2014 01:43 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Charter looks good.  What was slightly unclear to me was whether
> work on crypto currencies was in scope or out of scope.

They're in scope:

"Transaction mechanisms where the Web/Internet is used as the
communication medium."

"Security as it relates to ensuring the proper end-to-end protection and
authenticity of the exchange of goods, assets, services, or value."

"Bridging open payment methods and protocols with restricted payment
methods and protocols."

"Legal, regulatory, and policy concerns that affect the successful
deployment of any of the use cases or technology concepts listed above."

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/