Re: A proposal for a decentralized, peer-reviewed academic journal system for the Web

On 02/09/2013 07:12 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> I just ran across John Wilbanks' article Openness as Infrastructure:
>  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3197551/ . He gives a
> number of links.
>
> On a second note, I fear things could get confusing with journals and
> Payswarm. I'd be willing to start a community group or even help with
> a website once I know I can afford it.

This is a really interesting development, funded by Tim O'Reilly, it's
called PeerJ and it allows academics to publish one journal article a
year for life ($99), or unlimited journal articles per year for life
($299). It's not free, but that's a pretty amazing deal considering you
get peer reviews and editing help for that price:

https://peerj.com/

blog: Aaron Swartz, PaySwarm, and Academic Journals
http://manu.sporny.org/2013/payswarm-journals/