Re: CentUp

On 02/05/2013 04:52 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> I remember seeing Melvin's postings about things happening in the
> world. Well here's another one I received in my Indiegogo mail. It's
> called CentUp.
>
> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/281541

They have one of the best video pitches I've seen on the subject:

http://vimeo.com/56722891

WARNING: DO NOT go to the following link if your company's policy states
"thou shalt not read patents".

They hit their Indiegogo goal of $15K, and then shortly received a
patent violation notice:

http://centup.org/

They don't believe their company is violating the patent, they're in
touch with the EFF, it seems like a typical patent troll move, but it
has stopped any further development of the concept.

blog: Aaron Swartz, PaySwarm, and Academic Journals
http://manu.sporny.org/2013/payswarm-journals/