Re: PaySwarm is controlled by this group (was: Re: web-payments.org vs. payswarm.com)

RE: "control of those specs was handed over to this Community Group some
time ago"

Is the "handed over" part explicit and documented?

How I've handled the transfer of works developed for sharing by my firm
(call it XYZ) to an autonomous free/libre/open future under a group of
non-profits (call them UVW) was with a signed document entitled "Transfer
of Project Authority".  It included the following text:
"XYZ conveys the role of "Project Authority" for ABC Project to UVW. This
Transfer of Project Authority includes three elements:
(a) Overall decision-making and representation of ABC Project;
(b) Joint independent copyright title to all written and visual works
developed by XYZ between 2005 and 2012 to describe the ABC Project; and,
(c) Goodwill developed through XYZ's original investment of creative effort
and money between 2005 and 2012 that positioned the ABC Project concept
with PQR, MNO and other stakeholders.

Before any re-use, this text should be reviewed and adapted by your own
legal counsel, taking into account your circumstances. I am not a lawyer.

After the transfer, my firm then competes to work on the project like
anyone else. (The business logic for doing this seems perfectly logical to
some, and perfectly dumb to others.)

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations

<http://goo.gl/Ssp56>