Re: Gates Foundation announces LevelOne Project

Manu,

Thanks for posting. Išve also read this and agree that there are quite a
lot of great insights in what the Gates Foundation has captured here.  Any
chance they might be willing to join us during the face to face in June to
share directly?  I replied to a tweet that Kosta Peric made about the
project earlier in the week to point them to our work (not knowing you
were out there and likely made them aware).  This is really great stuff!

Thanks again for sharing,

Pat

On 4/30/15, 8:32 PM, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

>The Gates Foundation has just announced their LevelOne project, which is
>an attempt to extend financial services to the world's unbanked and
>underbanked:
>
>https://leveloneproject.org/
>
>If you only have 5 minutes, here's a video summarizing the project:
>
>https://leveloneproject.org/videos/overview/
>
>A few weeks ago, I was invited out to the Gates Foundation to
>participate in the work that led to this announcement. There is a very
>large amount of overlap with the work we're doing here and the work that
>the Gates Foundation needs to have happen to achieve the mission they've
>outlined for the LevelOne project.
>
>There are use cases that we should integrate into our use cases document:
>
>https://leveloneproject.org/the-guide/user-requirements-behind-the-level-o
>ne-project-guide/
>
>There is also a great deal of "lessons learned" that should deeply
>impact our thinking wrt. the design of the Payment Architecture:
>
>https://leveloneproject.org/the-guide/payment-systems-lessons-learned-and-
>highlights/
>
>Finally, they've released a Digital Financial Services guide that
>outlines the key components that they believe will lead to successful
>deployments of digital payment systems.
>
>https://leveloneproject.org/the-guide/guide-for-digital-payments-system/
>
>This work, and the US Fed Faster Payments work, are two very important
>guides that should impact the technical direction of the work at W3C.
>
>I learned a great deal more during my time at the Gates Foundation and
>hope to share with the group during our call next week now that the
>embargo has been lifted.
>
>-- manu
>
>--
>Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny)
>Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
>blog: The Marathonic Dawn of Web Payments
>http://manu.sporny.org/2014/dawn-of-web-payments/

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.