Re: Thanks to all and next steps

RE: "Some participants strongly object to a W3C standard that is dependent
upon an ISO standard."

Is/are the reason(s) documented somewhere?  I'd guess it's the issues of
the W3C's royalty-free licensing commitments versus ISO's RAND policy. Plus
I imagine there's objection to the relatively expensive fees that ISO
charges for access to its docs.

RE:  "This is not to say any standard couldn’t optionally allow for ISO
20022 compliant messages, but there are many concerns around mandating
compliance."

In light of:
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/pasfaq
and
http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison#I
...and considering that ISO 20022 is really just
SWIFT-messaging-made-generic, in this case it seems it's the prior reality
of SWIFT itself that makes those messaging specs effectively mandatory
anyways. Besides they are useful towards saving everyone time.

A simple clear statement would do -- there's surely some appropriate
wording to borrow from some other conditional reference in a W3C spec to a
useful ISO standard.

Joseph Potvin
On behalf of DataKinetics http://www.dkl.com/
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983