Re: [Moderator Action] Suggest all WPIG have text on: Goal to advance economic/financial inclusion for unbanked/underbanked

Tks Manu,

fwiw, our IGF proposal

http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/239 <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/239>

was accepted for presentation at this year's IGF, unfortunately I'm not sure which day it's scheduled.

p.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
On 07/26/2015 02:03 PM, Louise Bennett wrote:
> One of the major themes of this year's UN IGF is connecting the next
> billion. I have been inputting to the inter sessional work on this
> and have described the W3C payments initiative. The draft inputs are
> now on the web site. Manu are you planning to do anything at the next
> IGF?

Unfortunately, I'm spread a bit too thin between the Web Payments and
Credentials stuff in the technical standardization initiatives and won't
be able to participate in this years UN Internet Governance Forum.

Look out for Pindar Wong and Primavera De Filippi, as I think they
intend to do something related around blockchain at IGF.

You may also want to link up with James Dailey at the Gates Foundation
and their work on financial services for the poor.

I've cc'ed each of these people, please link up offline if you can.

> Do you want me to push this work as a sub-theme?

Yes, please, and let us know if this group (or the Credentials Community
Group) can help in any way.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/ <https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/>