Re: What single thing should we deliver?

On 11/26/2014 03:24 AM, Joerg.Heuer@telekom.de wrote:
> Stephane's view is what made me join the activity. I think W3C will
> be able to define interfaces and APIs on generic payment transaction
>  handling, thereby possibly making it easier for push-payments to
> integrate with our standards and recommendations, but better not
> declaring a specific way as 'the standard'.

+1

> IMO we need to take the stance of the user and look at transactions
> from this side. Do they core - so they even know - whether its push
> or pull? Likely not. I say: great!

I'm not as optimistic that we'll be able to abstract that much of it away.

In a push-based payment, you click a button and the payment is made.

In a pull-based payment, you reach for your wallet, pull out a card, and
hand over a secret.

The customer is going to know one method from the other unless we create
something to auto-fill the latter case (which I'd argue as a very bad idea).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.