Re: Discussion - Payment APIs: others are thinking about this problem space, too

On 11/20/2014 01:34 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> I think the issue rather is: What are W3C's ambitions?
>
> Since none of the 3-4 vendors you refer to have expressed any
> interest in this work, I think that question begs an answer.

Actually, that's not true. Opera was at the Web Payments IG meeting and
noted a fairly substantive interest from their payments division.

We also know that Mozilla has shown a healthy amount of interest in this
area wrt. the MozPay work and by attending the Web Payments workshop.

Microsoft has also attended the Web Payments CG calls and has shown a
non-trivial amount of interest.

That's not to say that they'll continue to be interested/involved, but
to say that none of the vendors have expressed any interest in the work
is simply not true.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/