Re: Support for Verifiable Claims

On 16/10/2016 17:19, Shane McCarron wrote:
> Spec-Ops has reviewed the proposed charter for a Verifiable Claims
> working group.  We are in favor of this work moving forward, as we
> believe a common structure for claims is essential to jump-starting a
> universal environment for digital verification.  We look forward to
> contributing implementations and tests to this working group as its
> recommendations progress.

TPG echoes these comments from Spec-Ops.

The task of independently verifying oneself is difficult (or impossible)
for many disabled people. Current methods often require people with
disabilities to relinquish any degree of privacy and/or to share
personal data insecurely. The ability to provide verification digitally
has enormous potential to change both these things.

Léonie.

--
Communications director & Principal engineer @PacielloGroup @LeonieWatson