Re: Cashback processing

Hi Richard,

This is an official response on your issue from an editor of the use
cases document. More below...

On 05/15/2015 10:02 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> 6.3 Payment processing
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-web-payments-use-cases-20150416/#payment-processing-2
>
>  In places such as the UK it is very common to get cashback at
> supermarkets - ie. you pay for your groceries and then ask the
> supermarket to give you ten or twenty pounds, say, in cash as part
> of the same transaction.
>
> I wondered whether this produces a signficantly different scenario
> in terms of payment processing and delivery of product receipt.

Typically a cashback doesn't affect the payment posted to the payment
network (other than it it increasing the payment by a certain amount).
Cashback is usually listed as a line item on the receipt. I've added a
mention of this to the use cases:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/68425e641001802c7d0ab776ed586fe43a504d7b

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/