Re: Delivery to nearby locations

Hi Richard, this is an official response to your comment on the use
cases document. More below...

On 05/15/2015 10:00 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> 6.4 Delivery of Product/Receipt and Refunds
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-web-payments-use-cases-20150416/#delivery-of-product-receipt-and-refunds-2
>
>  I don't know whether it's still the case, but i understand that it
> used to be a common preference in Japan to have purchased items
> delivered to a nearby department store. The customer would then
> travel to that location to pick up the items.
>
> In the UK it is increasingly common to use Click & Collect services
> or to have products ordered on the Web delivered to local stores for
> pickup (which is faster and cheaper than home delivery).
>
> I wonder whether that introduces significant changes to the
> mechanisms described related to delivery of product.

It doesn't change the mechanisms we're envisioning, but we were missing
that use case. I have added it to the document:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/260791acbde214492c3206cc46781a7389a37114

I'm unsure if the correct term is "dropshipping" or if there is a better
term for this type of shipping activity.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/