Re: FYI: First Public Working Draft of Web Payments Use Cases

On 07/03/2015 08:06 PM, timeless wrote:
>> This is a term of art in the banking / payments industry:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_scheme
>
> No, it isn't. That's a Wikipedia article written by random people.
> It's missing the "warning this article has no citations", but it
> does have "this is a stub" -- and it has no citations.

The definition on the page is pretty good, and I doubt the gist of it
will change much over time.

> MasterCard Payment Card FAQs [1] says:
>>> Q: What are “three-party” and “four-party” payment systems?
>
> So, that's apparently the right terminology (I was hoping you'd do
> that research for me...).

We have a glossary slowly forming that references these terms in a more
formal way. It's not done yet, but you can see the beginnings of it here:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/glossary/index.html

>> Splitting a payment across three payment instruments is something
>> that may require 3 round trips with the current architecture (as
>> it's a corner case based on the sheer number of transactions that
>> clear using a single payment instrument).
>
> OK, so, I'd suggest you add splitting as a UC.

Done:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/646a42318273e05d0aab7bcd03c4576c435ee686

>> Is there a specific spec text change that you'd like to see here?
>
> Ask me about this in response and I'll think about it later (not for
> a week I'd imagine).

Any ideas?

>> "Standardized, machine-readable electronic receipts could make it
>> easier to track expenses, prove that certain purchases were made,
>> file tax returns, and simplify management of unnecessary paper."
>>
>> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/8be538745b5891cfc3071491dd45f1a9220f7976
>

> I'd drop "could"

Done:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/e42a7ad7ebbb6c8090b820648ed28dce744993d2

We're going to be trying to push out a new Working Draft of this
document very soon (within days). So, if you have any additional
suggestions, it's unlikely that those will make it in for this rev, but
I'll certainly put them in the Editor's Draft and they'll go out in the
next rev (a month or two from now).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/