Re: RES: FYI: First Public Working Draft of Web Payments Use Cases

Leandro Bernal Minniti wrote:
> > Pay-later use cases are covered via the "Invoices" use case, IMHO.

> >>As a North American, I'd agree. But, not being someone from South
America, it's hard for me to know if people there would agree / recognize
it. There are all sorts of weird properties to Boletos.

> I agree, a Boleto may have weird properties and it varies depending on
the merchant and merchant's bank as well.
> If I understood correctly, a "pay-later" use case happens when you buy
something and initiate the payment, for example, within 2 days. Am I right?

Not really, you buy the thing, get it, and get a bill, which you then pay.

> If so, we can consider "pay-later" is covered via "Boleto" use case.
> Usually, the Boleto's due date may be selected by the buyer, using the
options generated by merchant ( ~ 1 to 3 business days).

Typically in pay later, the bill date is fixed by the seller and there
isn't flexibility for the buyer.

> It's important to mention the merchants wait for bank's payment
confirmation to deliver the goods.

That wouldn't be pay later. That's definitely significantly different from
pay later to warrant calling our separately.

The closest I'm familiar with is a hold/reservation.