Re: Advantages with Push Payments?

On 2015-02-04 10:26, Stephane Boyera wrote:
> Hi Anders,

Hi Stephane,

>> IMO, a tokenized payment authorization message cover most if not all
>> payment scenarios.
>
> no. typically current implementation like paypal, google wallet etc are
> push-based payment, you tell paypal to pay the merchant, and the
> merchant provides paypal its paypalid. Exact same model with credit
> transfer (wire transfer).
> so various scheme implement push-based payment, and it is probably an
> easier way to have secure transaction on short term.

I guess I was not all thinking in this direction because these are centralized
and server-oriented.

>> Does the underlying payment networks support push payments?
>
> yes, again, the example is wire transfer which is a well implemented
> worldwide scheme.

What I meant was really: Is there a receipt standard when you do a credit-card
transaction since it is the receipt you would give to the merchant, right?
A tech reference would be nice.

>> Maybe equally important: does Apple Pay use push payments?
> It is the choice of different payment provider to go for one scheme or
> another. Apple Pay decided to go for token which is perfectly ok, but
> does not preclude other options. there are not exclusive.

I'm all into tokens :-)

Regards
Anders