Bossam's OWL Test Results Available

From: Minsu Jang <minsu@etri.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:50:08 +0900
To: <public-webont-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <sandro@roke.hawke.org>

Hi All,

OWL test results for Bossam rule engine are available at
http://machine-knows.etri.re.kr/bossam/owlinference/result.rdf.

Bossam is a forward-chaining production rule system implemented in Java.
I tried to put some interesting
features into the engine, such as support for both strong & weak
negations, disjunctions in the antecedent,
procedural attachments etc. Currently, Bossam is in its premature stage,
but I could write some OWL inference
rules for OWL positive entailment tests. The results are not
spectacular, but I think it's not too bad. ;-)

I wrote OWL inference rules in Buchingae, a rule language for Bossam. A
simple rulebase written in Buchingae looks like:

	prefix owl = http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#;
	namespace is http://etri.re.kr/2003/10/Bossam#;
	rulebase OwlRules
	{
		rule SymmetricProperty001 is
			if owl:SymmetricProperty(?p) and ?p(?x,?y) then
	}

For overview of the engine and the language, please visit
http://machine-knows.etri.re.kr/bossam/.

Regards,
Minsu