Comment on CR AS&S

From: Dickinson, Ian J <Ian.Dickinson@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:15:22 +0100
To: "'public-webont-comments@w3.org'" <public-webont-comments@w3.org>

While reading through the CR documents, in preparation for updating Jena 2
to conform to the updated spec, I notice that in sections 2.3.1.3 and
2.3.2.3 of AS&S the productions for dataRange have rdfs:Literal not in
single quotes.  This makes them appear on first reading to be non-terminals,
suggesting a reading of "all values from the singleton set containing a
given literal" (i.e. hasValue). Jeremy resolved my confusion by pointing out
that the rdfs:Literal should be a terminal, in which case presumably it
should be quoted like the other terminal symbols.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian Dickinson, HP Labs, Bristol, UK              ian.dickinson@hp.com
+44 (117) 312 8796                http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people.ijd