Re: Comments on Webizen proposal

On 5/12/2014 12:43 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 18:32 , Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> Without more information about what purpose the card would serve I
>> can't really say much. However, in general I think a "card" may be
>> less useful than a digital badge, or a physical badge, or a sticker.
>> Those things also do more to promote the program than something
>> hidden in a wallet.
>
> Agreed. It feels like those "Certified Detective|Secret
> Agent|Whatever" cards you could cut out and fill out yourself in kids
> books.
>
>> I am concerned about opening up the W3C blog to a large number of
>> people due to the moderation cost.
>
> Also agreed.

Updated proposal in wiki.

> IMHO listing a lot of trinkets provided as "benefits" when most of
> them are of very little value only serves to diminish the (perceived)
> value of the overall package.

We have a basket of benefits, and an expectation that some will appeal
to some, and others will appeal to others.

W3C veterans are not the only target for this program.

I don't mind having trinkets that are un-interesting to Robin, as long
as they are interesting to someone.

If we have trinkets that we expect are interesting to no-one, please
identify them so we can remove them.