From: Jeff Jaffe [mailto:jeff@w3.org]
Sent: mercredi 7 mai 2014 16:52
To: GALINDO Virginie; public-webizen@w3.org; Coralie Mercier
Subject: Re: Few comments on the webizen wiki

On 5/7/2014 10:40 AM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:
Hi all,

Again, great job on that headlight.

Going again along the wiki I thought about few things.

Thanks for the input.  Comments below.

-          About the package
The fact that webizen would not attend the WG has its rationale. But what about allowing an ermanent observer status. Meeting the WG participants for a webizen may have a real value. I know that observer status is a chair discretion, but here we may have a kind of priority observer status.

I'm reluctant to impinge on the authority of the Chair.  In general, it can be difficult to get Chairs who after all are volunteers.  I am reluctant to reduce their authority.  But certainly, if a Chair would like to give observer status, that is encouraged.

Note that OWASP is providing a mail address for their individual members, this also could be a cool thing to provide:  geek@w3c-webizen.com<mailto:geek@w3c-webizen.com>

-          About the regional aspects
I think that OWASP grid can be a good example. They have chapters, and individual choose a chapter to be associated with. The rest of the organization stay global, but it helps to build locally some active community. W3C already has some offices, which may be good anchors, as a beginning.

I agree that there could be value in having better regional support.  Currently, we talk about that vaguely - in terms of the possibility that in the future there could be regional voting.  If you have specific ideas on how to get organized regionally from Day 1, I encourage you to edit them into the wiki.

-          About the webizen AC definition
"They may accept Member-confidential information, but may not distribute Member-confidential information within their companies (since their companies are not Members) or among Webizens (because re-distribution to all Webizens means it is no longer in Member space)."
While I understand the rationale, I don't see how this can happen in practice. Can you remind me what is member-confidential information today ? members details, some announcement in advance, what else ?

There are numerous mailing lists and certain Working Groups that operate in Member space.  Typically these mailing lists have a "member" prefix, although there are a few exceptions (notably w3c-ac-forum).  Our commitment to the Membership is that this information is not public.  This allows Members to express points of view that (for example) they would not like attributed to them in the public press.  I would not like to remove that commitment to Members.

Today, most Working Groups operate in public, but there are some who prefer that their deliberations remain in Member space.

-          About the tag line
"I want to give back..." It looks much like donation, while the package - as announced here - is really attractive, I think.
The idea I had was more : I am getting event more involved, cause it rocks (I know it is not a tagline, but this is the spirit webizen would have when joining)... But I may be too naïve...

I love the spirit.  Feel free to edit the wiki, or Coralie may wish to do so (since she wrote that section).

Regards,
Virginie

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF6B77.C1934C50]

IIII Virginie GALINDO
Technical Marketing & Innovation
Mob: +33 6 13 23 20 03
La Vigie - Avenue du Jujubier - ZI Athelia IV
13 705 La Ciotat Cedex - France
www.gemalto.com<http://www.gemalto.com>

[cid:image002.jpg@01CF6B77.C1934C50]

Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus