Re: Resigning as chair, choosing a chair

so 9. 12. 2023 v 11:42 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:

> Hi all,
>
> I have chaired some CG's before and I think that there is no given process
> to elect the chair as CG's are informal. I found the text below in the CG
> Charter template (https://w3c.github.io/cg-charter/CGCharter.html).
>
> whatever means they prefer
>
> I would prefer that we close this issue and confirm Jacopo as chair. Main
> reason is that he is doing a good job & no objections were uttered &
> process was transparently communicated on the mailing list.
>
> So IMHO, we can make it official at 23:59:59.999 of Dec 10th, UTC time
> without further action. I logged into https://www.w3.org/community/webid/
> and there is nothing to be done from participant side.

+1

Thank you to Jacopo for helping the group out.  The comments towards you
were indeed uncharitable.  The RFC system is new to most of us, but we seem
to be making progress, so let's give it a try, and see where we end up.

Consider spreading the load by appointing a second editor or co-chair, and
I think Sebastian has hinted he may have some cycles for that.

We've already agreed on a lazy consensus.  So 2 ACK's and 0 NACK's should
be enough.  If someone wants to involve the CG Development Lead, we'll
cross that bridge when we come to it.  But I doubt it would be productive.