Re: Domains, Subdomains, Etc.

On 1/4/15 2:34 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2015-01-04 19:49, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> It is primarily intended to lower the cost (maybe to zero) for getting
>>> a TLS server-certificate.
>>>
>>> For WebID-TLS there's no hope.  The industry have take another route.
>>>
>>> Anders
>>
>> Happy New Year!
>>
>> Again, WebID-TLS and TLS are loosely coupled items. The industry hasn't
>> gone anywhere, it is mired in an identity and trust crisis.
>>
>> I strongly encourage you to put your personal biases aside. Doing that
>> will enable you understand where WebID-TLS and similar approached re.
>> Blogic (webby logic) fit into the mix re., addressing the identity and
>> trust problem that's putting every Web and Internet users privacy at
>> risk etc..
>
> There are 25M Korean users of X.509 certificates on the web.  How many
> users
> have WebID-TLS?  100? 1000? 10000?

What is WebID-TLS to you?
X.509 != TLS let alone WebID-TLS. X.509  its a standard for creating a
digital representation of an Identity Card (Certificate).

There isn't an such notion as "having WebID-TLS" it is simply a protocol
for verifying claims in a WebID-Profile document that you lookup via a
WebID placed in an X.509 Certificate.

> What's worse is that the 25M users are being *pushed off the web* since
> plugins are about to be "outlawed".

X.509 and Browser Plugins two distinct things. I don't understand why
you continue to conflate all the puzzle-pieces.

> Sweden, another big user of X.509+Web has
> already left the web (browser) for Android and iPhone app-based
> solutions.

This isn't about Web Browsers. It is about verifying identity claims
over HTTP using trust Webs crafted using logic.

> Do you have any solution to this?

What is the problem?

> Do I?  YES!  W3C must perform market
> research and not only rely on a handful of big-tech technologists who
> mainly run their own agenda.

The W3C's job is to formalize aspects of Web usage that aren't
formalized. For instance, RDF is a retrospective formalization of what's
always been a nascent part of the Web, since inception.

Kingsley