Re: Domains, Subdomains, Etc.

On 2015-01-04 19:49, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 1/4/15 10:27 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> On 2015-01-04 16:21, Timothy Holborn wrote:
>>> Interesting. I found more info [1]
>>>
>>> Does it support WebID-TLS?
>>
>> It is primarily intended to lower the cost (maybe to zero) for getting
>> a TLS server-certificate.
>>
>> For WebID-TLS there's no hope.  The industry have take another route.
>>
>> Anders
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Again, WebID-TLS and TLS are loosely coupled items. The industry hasn't
> gone anywhere, it is mired in an identity and trust crisis.
>
> I strongly encourage you to put your personal biases aside. Doing that
> will enable you understand where WebID-TLS and similar approached re.
> Blogic (webby logic) fit into the mix re., addressing the identity and
> trust problem that's putting every Web and Internet users privacy at
> risk etc..

There are 25M Korean users of X.509 certificates on the web.  How many users
have WebID-TLS?  100? 1000? 10000?

What's worse is that the 25M users are being *pushed off the web* since
plugins are about to be "outlawed".  Sweden, another big user of X.509+Web has
already left the web (browser) for Android and iPhone app-based solutions.

Do you have any solution to this?  Do I?  YES!  W3C must perform market
research and not only rely on a handful of big-tech technologists who
mainly run their own agenda.

Anders