Re: Should WebIDs denote people or accounts?

On 5/20/14 3:45 PM, Seth Russell wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     Alternative Name
>

> Ok.  except a Persona name is not an "*Alternative* Name".   If i go
> on the web as Seth or I choose to go on the web as Patty, "Seth" is
> not a alternative name for "Patty".   Were that to become true in the
> linked data world, then i would have been outed by the CyberMonster :(

I wasn't insinuating that an Alternative Name == Persona. In previous
mails in this thread I've outlined my understanding of Personae and
demonstrated that understanding with how its implemented in our YouID
product, for instance.

A Persona [1] is basically derived from claims in an Identity Card and
patterns of behavior associated with it. Thus, I have Personae across
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.. That's derived from a combination of
my Identities across each of theses services and the nature of the
content associated with said identity :-)

Links:

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/persona .