Re: Does FOAF provide sufficient ontological support for WebID & WWW Identity AUTH REQ's?

On 6/9/14 8:10 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/9/14 3:56 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_identity
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_identity
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_(philosophy)
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_%28philosophy%29>
>>
>> My rational around continuing to debate this; is that the whilst
>> identity systems are fragmented on the web; they are fragmented by
>> organisational influences, with increasingly lesser support for
>> personal ones.
>>
>> My recent drafts about it: linked,
>> http://webarts.mediaprophet.net/?p=72 (and
>> http://webarts.mediaprophet.net/?p=68 )
>>

> Simple answer: No.
>
> You can use FOAF terms to construct an Identity Card or Profile
> Document. That's where its utility starts and stops.
>
> 1. Identity -- nebulous
> 2. Identifiers -- denotation mechanism (e.g., HTTP URI) for a
> perceived identity
> 3. Identification -- identity card or profile document (you can use
> terms from FOAF here) comprised of identity oriented claims
> 4. authentication -- various protocols for verifying claims made in
> identity cards and profile docs
> 5. authorization -- various protocols for providing authenticated
> identities with access to protected resources.
>

> Having a WebID (HTTP URI) that denotes entity "You" is how you make a
> name for yourself on an HTTP network like the Web :-)

Fixing the list above. I've typed it out too many times, now I am
getting it mangled etc. Identity emerges from:

1. Perceived Entity -- the real thing is nebulous (*we don't know every
aspect of a perceived entity*)
2. Identifiers -- denotation mechanism (e.g., HTTP URI) for indicating a
perceived Entity
3. Identification -- identity card or profile document (you can use
terms from FOAF here) comprised of identity oriented claims associated
with an Identifier (e.g., RDF Statements)
4. authentication -- various protocols for verifying claims made in
identity cards and profile docs (* Identity is authenticated/verified *)
5. authorization -- various protocols for providing authenticated
identities with access to protected resources (* Identity is granted
permissions in regards to resource interaction *) .