IndieAuth, was Re: W3C - Social Web Working Group

On 07/21/2014 01:18 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-07-21 18:39, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>

>> On 21 July 2014 18:29, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com
>> <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2014-07-21 18:23, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>>
>>         On 07/21/2014 12:20 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>
>>             By pure accident I found this:
>>             http://www.w3.org/Social/WG
>>
>>             Anders
>>

>>         It's also being announced on the front page, w3.org
>> <http://w3.org>, and in various
>>         media, today.
>>
>>                 -- Sandro
>>

>>     It doesn't appear that WebID is a part of this effort.
>>
>>     This is somewhat strange because a Social Web without a login
>> seems like a moderately clever idea.
>>

>> You need to have a paradigm shift, that webid is nothing to do with
>> login.
>
> Apparently not.  We are going to build the decentralized Social Web on
> Facebook Connect then?
> This seems at odds with at least one of the Chair's missions:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmKO7Gr4TE

The point is that identity is separable, and so it has been
separated.    Otherwise it would be too big a piece of work for one WG.

Your oblique mention of Tantek reminds me, I don't know if this group
has ever talked about the solution he's currently endorsing, IndieAuth:

    https://indieauth.com/

It's fascinatingly minimalist.

         -- Sandro