Re: Request for Review of WebID specs before publishing

On 9/5/13 2:47 PM, Henry Story wrote:

>> - To help legibility?
>
> I think adding an @prefix would be better for that, or a statement of
> where the
> document was served from exactly.
>
> Having an NTriples version of the file may help for beginners.
As far as I know, Turtle modulo prefixes != NTriples.  That's becuase
NTriples doesn't support relative URLs.

I know the aesthetics of prefixes can be enticing, but as I've come to
realize over the years, they present distractions to those learning RDF
via Turtle.

If triples are visible, and URLs are relative, the narrative comes
together.

Re., the example we are trying to construct, I didn't use relative URLs
in my prior examples because I didn't want to insert owl:sameAs
relations. That said, maybe we could add such a relation as it enables
us leverage relative URLs in this most important example.

Revision:

## Simple WebID Profile Document Example ##
## Live edition at:
<http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/WebID-ACL-Demos/webid-spec-profile-doc-example-3.ttl>

@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .