Re: Request for Review of WebID specs before publishing

On 5 Sep 2013, at 18:23, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully, third times a charm:
>
> See: http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/WebID-ACL-Demos/webid-spec-profile-doc-example.ttl  .
>
> ## Raw Turtle Data
> @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
> @prefix card: <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#>
>  .
>
>    card: a foaf:PersonalProfileDocument;
>    foaf:maker card:i;
>    foaf:primaryTopic card:i.
>
>    card:i a foaf:Person;
>    foaf:name "Tim Berners-Lee";
>    foaf:knows <http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me>, <https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card#me>;
>    foaf:depiction <http://www.w3.org/Press/Stock/Berners-Lee/2001-europaeum-eighth.jpg>.
> ##
>
> What's the aim?
>
> - To change relative hash URI's into absolute?

I think the relative URLs are key. The relation between the WebID Profile Document and the WebID
is made clearest by the notation such as either

 <#me> a foaf:Person .

But the problem with this is that for servers that have different URLs for each of
the representations, this way of writing things means that the WebID for <card.n3>,
<card.ttl>, <card.rdf>, <card.jsonld> will end up being respectively
<card.n3#me>, <card.ttl#me>, <card.rdf#me> and <card.jsonld#me>

it is better then to write in each of the representations

 <card#me> a foaf:Person .

where <card> is the content negotiated document.

I can see that a NTriples version of the same file could be helpful. But the
origin of the resource needs to be carefully marked.

In any case I think we should explain the above problem, as it is one people
will make quite easily and unconsciously.

> - To help legibility?

I think adding an @prefix would be better for that, or a statement of where the
document was served from exactly.

Having an NTriples version of the file may help for beginners.

> - To replace "me" with "i"?

That's up to the editor. Not a big deal.