Re: Domain of :key

On 3/29/13 11:28 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Fair enough, but I think I have enough now to start working.  Once you
> see agents making payments you may change your mind.
>
> You seem to be resistant to even slight changes in the cert ontology
> (which I had thought was a community effort).  This does indeed make
> me think that using something else such as the sec ontology and/or
> making my own makes more sense.
>
> We can just raise the domain of cert : key ( foaf : Agent or rdfs :
> Resource )  with the group and reach a consensus.

The Web of Linked Data is fork friendly due to it being inherently
"horses for courses" compliant. Just make your own ontology and hook
into relevant bits of relevant third party ontologies, when modelling a
specific world view.

The biggest misconception we have re. the Semantic Web is the notion of
a golden ontology. There's no such thing as perfect data and as a result
there can never be a perfect ontology.

Building and using an ontology is the quickest part to ironing out
quirks. It trumps mailing list debates any day.

Everything on the Web ultimately speaks for itself via adoption :-)