Re: Important Change to HTTP semantics re. hashless URIs

On 24.03.13 18:39, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

Hi Kingsley

> Here is a key HTTP enhancement from Hypertext Transfer Protocol
> (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content note from IETF [1].
>
> "
>    4.  If the response has a Content-Location header field and its
>        field-value is a reference to a URI different from the effective
>        request URI, then the sender asserts that the payload is a
>        representation of the resource identified by the Content-Location
>        field-value.  However, such an assertion cannot be trusted unless
>        it can be verified by other means (not defined by HTTP).
> "

yep, when you pointed me out to the 303-relly-necessary thread I was
stumbling on this one as well and I agree with the interpretation.
Already implemented this in my code a few weeks ago and closed the case
in my head :-)

Feels so much better than 303

cu

Adrian