Re: Problem with Hash based Linked Data URIs

On 2/16/13 10:42 AM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> please also note openlink's #this-uri-style, kingsley, correct me if i'm
> wrong, but the idea is to use hash-based uris that are also unique
> without the hash. that way a redirect is saved and you don't get a lot
> of data you are not interested in.

Yes, in a nutshell :-)

We've looked at this issue from a number of perspective and concluded:
it has to be "horses for courses" when minting Linked Data URIs. The key
thing is to implement the principles of Linked Data consistently rather
than take a hard line for either style of HTTP URI.

Kingsley