Re: WebID authentication and subsequent visualization of the dereferenced WebID profile in 3D

Thanks Henry.  The WebID selection is there in the beginning if but only
for a moment or two.

I loved your articles :-)  One of the key concepts of my project is that
you never see your data.  You see something that *represents* your
data.  Links to your original data are kept. The visualization and the
data it represents are never split, but are always separable.  Both
visual data and the data which the visuals represent are all in RDF.
This allows for multiple visual representations for the same concept or
thing.  I could be represented with a ball or a cube or even a complex
mesh which looks like my physical form.  I could also be blue or red,
but also important is *when* I am blue or red or a ball or a cube or a
mesh.  This connection between visual representation and data allows for
a lot of possibilities.  Besides doing ball-N-stick RDF graphs (and so
we don't upset Karger and Schraefel ;-), I can reconfigure the visual
data based on the data it represents (or even other data) and do
something completely different.  I was able to create a molecular
visualization of DNA in this way
(http://www.ebremer.com/nexus/2011-05-15).  The same would be true for a
protein in two different spatial conformational states (open and
closed).  Two different representations but the same protein. The visual
models become limited only by the data model they are representing.
Well, that and the visual substrate we use to create the visuals but
with a pallet of HTML, CSS, SVG, and WebGL the realm of possibility is,
conservatively, huge.

WebID has been on my radar for a while.  It got pushed up on my priority
list because my project is also real-time collaborative and I needed a
way to tag the multiple WebGL/HTML5 client events (modeled with RDF)
with an owner.  WebID's seemed the best way to represent people rather
than the session URIs of the WebGL/HTML5 client.  And yes, as you said,
there are other dimensions of possibilities/improvements :-)

     At ISWC 2012, there was a session called "What will the Semantic
Web Look Like 10 Years From Now?"
(http://videolectures.net/iswc2012_sw2022/)  The question seemed silly
to me given that many of the people building the Semantic Web were in
the room.  The more pertinent question to me would have been, "What do
we Want the Semantic Web to Look like 10 Years From Now?"

  - Erich