Re: Firefox 44 (and Chrome in future) may reject some web fonts that were previously accepted

Hello Behdad,

> It's a lot of work.  Would require auditing all of the
> GSUB/GDEF/GPOS code.  It's not worth my time.  If someone else wants
> to do, they are welcome to.  And most of the checks we are talking about are bogus.

If the checks being made are spurious and error-prone, they should be
removed from the code.

Leaving them there (with a "security" label attached) risks that some
developer re-enables them "to improve security" without realizing they
do no such thing.

--
Best regards,
 Chris  Lilley