Re: W3C Meeting in Amsterdam (October 8th) - Meeting location proposal

Hello Vlad,

David Kuettel wrote:

>> The Amsterdam office is close to the tram, has a cafe, espresso machines
>> and of course WiFi.

Mmmm, espresso

>  Please respond to this email thread with your preferences
> since we do need  to finalize the venue soon and let ATypI
> organizers know if we decide to switch the meeting venue.

My pref would be the Google site but I am happy with either one.

> We also need to finalize the date for the F2F meeting. October 8th
> doesn’t overlap with any of the conference days (which is held on
> Oct. 9-13, see http://www.atypi.org/atypi-amsterdam-2013 for
> programme info) but is not an ideal choice for some of the WG
> members (Jonathan K mentioned he won’t be able to attend due to
> another travel plan and Chris  L. expressed desire to move the
> meeting date towards the end of the week).

Although I also said on the telcon that I was fine with the 8th.

>  I already made my travel
> arrangements arriving in Amsterdam on Oct. 7th and staying there for
> the rest of the week (leaving on Oct. 13th), so I can accommodate
> any of those days (Oct. 8-12). Please note that Oct. 9-10 are the
> “technology track” of the conference where some of us will be
> presenting and, in general, I would like to attend as many of the
> presentations as possible; Oct. 10 is also the day when afternoon
> color fonts discussion (similar to what was held at TypeCon) is
> scheduled. The main conference track offers some presentations that
> will be of interest to many of us, so sacrifices will have to be
> made if we decide to have F2F day overlap with one of the conference days.

Agree on avoiding overlap for 9-13th

> Please review the conference programme and indicate your F2F date
> and location preferences as a straw poll on the email list.

My current preference is thus the 8th.

--
Best regards,