Re: TPAC 2012

On Saturday, September 15, 2012, 4:29:29 AM, Vladimir wrote:

LV> John, you're right. There have been no visible activity on this
LV> since June but the W3C team have been working on the draft new
LV> charter: http://www.w3.org/2012/05/WebFonts/draft-charter.html
LV> It is expected to be sent out soon for AC review.

I'm hoping that AC review will start this Monday (17 Sept). Review takes four weeks so it would end Sunday 15 Oct.

If the charter review is uniformly positive then no problem, we will be running under the new charter at TPAC.

If review shows up problems which take time to resolve, then we would be under the old charter (whose duration would be extended, most likely).

LV> The WebFonts WG meeting is planned to happen at TPAC 2012 on
LV> Thursday and Friday of that week (Nov. 1-2). I expect that by that
LV> time (hopefully much sooner) the charter will be approved and we
LV> will be able to have an in-depth discussion of the proposed
LV> technical solution
LV> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2012JanMar/0002.html

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG