Re: SOR: CORS or From-Origin?

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:20:41 -0800
To: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
CC: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, public-webfonts-wg@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Vlad wrote:

> I agree. I am not advocating type-specific rule, and would be very much in favor of link-specific rule as it is currently implemented by Firefox and IE9, and spec'ed in the WOFF spec. The only difference would be that we would drop a reference to CORS, adopting instead a "From Origin" header proposal from Anne and Håkon, and, like Sylvain proposed, specifying the default behavior to be the one where absence of the "From Origin" header would be treated as if "From Origin: same" is present - for all types of resources linked to Web documents using CSS @font-face rules.

That seems reasonable to me, and nicely compatible with existing
implementations.

JH