Re: About using CORS

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:51 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> A same-origin restriction by default does nothing to protect their custom
> corporate fonts.

Hmm. "Does nothing."

> The font can simply be downloaded and uploaded to a
> different server.

There. You just forced the user to do something unusual, something they wouldn't otherwise do -- and that has legal and moral significance.

I can leave my wallet on top of my car, or I can put it on the front seat with the doors unlocked. Just because it's still easy for someone to take my wallet doesn't mean that putting it in the car does nothing to protect it.

-Christopher