Re: About using CORS (was: Re: WebFonts WG Kick-off)

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:04:37 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: public-webfonts-wg@w3.org, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> The same-origin policy exists for information leakage. Extending it to
> cover something else just for fonts is a mistake in my opinion.

Information leakage only, or also exposure of digital IP assets? My
clients are interested in serving their custom corporate fonts in a way
that does not expose them to use by other parties, so for them
same-origin restrictions are of interest in protecting these corporate
assets in the same way as protecting corporate information.

John Hudson