Re: TouchList interface

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:03:00 -0400
To: ext Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>
CC: public-webevents@w3.org
On 3/17/13 5:19 PM, ext Ms2ger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looking at the definition of the TouchList interface [1], I noticed a
> few issues.
>
> First, WebIDL requires [2]:
>
>> If an interface supports indexed properties, then the interface
>> definition MUST be accompanied by a description of what indices the
>> object can be indexed with at any given time. These indices are
>> called the supported property indices.
>
> This description is missing.
>
> Second, it is not defined what item() should return when called with
> an out-of-bounds index. Typically, null is returned; in that case, the
> return value should be made nullable (i.e., 'Touch?' instead of 'Touch').

Boris mentioned these bugs in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2013JanMar/0069.html>
and I proposed resolutions for these bugs in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2013JanMar/0078.html>.

I would appreciate it, if you would please review that thread and let us
know if you are OK or not with the proposed resolutions (and please
reply to the previous thread i.e. 0078.html).

> Third, Gecko implements an identifiedTouch() method on this interface;
> it appears to be missing from the specification.

Because that method was not widely implemented, the group agreed to
remove it from v1. Please see the related CfC and voices of support for
more information:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2013JanMar/0010.html>.

-ArtB