New multitouch proposal

From: Chase Douglas <chase.douglas@canonical.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:37:24 -0500
To: public-webevents@w3.org
Hi all,

I'm helping to implement multitouch support in the X.org server, and
someone referred this new specification to me:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/tip/touchevents.html

I looked it over and thought it was a pretty good spec so far. The one
area of concern I had was about the touch shape. The spec only provides
for radiusX and radiusY, which means that touch shapes must have rigid
angles of 0 or 90 degrees.

What we have coming out of the Linux kernel is a touch angle and major
and minor axes lengths:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/input/multi-touch-protocol.txt#179

This would provide for any angle of touch input. I would like to suggest
following this approach and adding an angle parameter to touchpoints.

Thanks for the effort on this!

-- Chase